Job Description :
This job will be responsible for supporting the VITALS program. Key responsibilities will include helping to identify and vet potential VITALS projects, helping physicians design the trials, performing the analytic work to support the development of the projects, and to work across the organization to build buy-in to the projects.
* Responsible for assisting with the identification and vetting of potential VITALS projects that meet key organizational metrics and business goals.
* Working with key physicians to develop project design and do required analytics to build broad based VITALS project support.
* Working with the Organization’s stakeholders to build buy-in for the projects.
* Other duties as assigned or requested.
Bachelor’s Degree-Business or related disciplines
Master’s Degree – MBA, MPH, MD
* 2+ years’ work experience post graduate degree, with some exposure to innovation or healthcare related fields, or
* 5+ years ‘ work experience, with some exposure to innovation or healthcare related fields.
* Experience in payer, hospital system, or care delivery industry
* Experience influencing change in complex organizational systems
* Experience around the research setting, preferably clinical research
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
* Ability to solve complex conceptual and operational problems; potential ability to lead teams in problem-solving exercises
* Strong quantitative and analytical skills
* Demonstrated influencing, and teamwork skills
* Basic project management skills
* Strong emotional intelligence, with servant leadership mind-set
* Commitment to self development and the development of others
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Position Type: Office-Based
An employee in this position works in an office environment. The position frequently requires the employee to communicate effectively with others both inside and outside the workplace (e.g., in person, via telephone, via email). The employee must be able to understand, interpret and analyze data, solve problems, concentrate, and research, use available technological resources and systems (e.g., computers and computer programs), multi-task, prioritize, and meet multiple deadlines to complete essential tasks. The employee generally works in a fast-paced and frequently stressful environment, must attend work on a regular and reliable basis as well as adhere to all workplace policies, and may be called upon to work outside regular business hours.
Teaches/Trains others regularly
Travels regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Physical Work Site Required
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org