Job Description :
We are looking for a Clinical Informaticist to join our growing team who can combine knowledge of healthcare and translate their experience in clinical settings to deliver value and insights to build, deploy, and maintain enterprise analytic solutions. If you can provide subject matter expertise related to the use of ontologies, vocabularies, and code sets in support of internally and externally sourced data, assist with design, build and deployment of enterprise-grade analytic data solutions using real-time/streaming analytics and alerting, data integration and interoperability, and NLP, and are comfortable working with teams across health plan, clinical, administrative, and IT business units to understand clinical data needs, evaluate opportunities to fulfill those needs through data and analytics, and participate in the build and delivery of analytic solutions, then this is the right role for you. You will also get the opportunity to provide guidance and education to intermediate level staff, to function as a Clinical Data SME, and to be responsible for management of relationships with internal customers.
- Using various tools, responsible for the deconstruction, documentation and hardening of code used to create derived analytic data within multiple analytic segments of the Organization.
- Document metadata and definitions (per established processes outlined by Data Governance) associated with derived data extracted from analytic code and reconstructed for production.
- Work with various analytic resources within the Organization to confirm reconstruction of extracted derived data, developing multiple definitions for the same measure where necessary.
- Leads functional efforts for assigned projects with limited supervision. This include the guidance and education of Intermediate and Associate contributors within this team. Meets individually with customers for specific projects, and will attend with Associate and Base for support.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Systems Analysis, Data Processing, Healthcare Informatics, or Management Information Systems
- 5 – 7 years of Data Analytics Experience
- 3 – 5 years of Healthcare Industry Experience
5 years of experience working in a clinical care setting – e.g., ambulatory, hospital, post-acut
3 years of hands-on experience with electronic health record (EHR) system like EPIC, Cerner, Allscripts, or comparable
Knowledge and experience with healthcare interoperability and messaging standards, including but not limited to HL7 2.x, HL7 3.x, HL7 FHIR
Understanding of clinical workflow, clinical systems and the underlying data used to support clinical decision-making
Data analysis, analytics, business intelligence, or reporting
Clinical licensure (e.g., nursing) or Clinical coding certification
Referral Bonus: Level 2
- Analytically strong and familiar with clinical informatics concepts, practices, and procedures
- Experience with healthcare vocabularies and code sets including ICD-10, CPT/HCPCS, SNOMED-CT, LOINC, and RxNorm
- Familiarity with healthcare interoperability concepts
- Strong communication skills
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org