Job Description :
I. GENERAL OVERVIEW:
Strategizes and creates comprehensive, cross-platform, high-quality social-media communications for Highmark health plan members and other target audiences. Assists in all aspects of social-media marketing, including content/SEO strategy, content calendaring and publishing, social networking and client management, and reporting/analytics. Consults with internal departments and programs to develop marketing plans and content for social channels. Develops and shares expertise in social platforms, trends and technologies.
II. ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Strategizes social-media marketing plans and activities for Highmark health services — including content strategy, SEO, advertising, and ‘voice’ on different social platforms — to meet business objectives and customer needs. Applies market-research, social-listening, and health-plan member insights to develop and execute customer-centric content strategy. Develops innovative approaches to drive social engagement, brand affinity and customer loyalty, especially in a health-reform marketplace.
2. Advises and collaborates with a wide range of internal and external clients, including program managers, subject matter experts, digital/marketing specialists, and community partners, on social-media marketing. Meets regularly with clients and other stakeholders to understand business objectives, develop targeted social campaigns or content, and report on tactics and outcomes. Markets social media platforms and capabilities internally and externally. Represents social media team at workshops, conferences, and other sessions.
3. Serves as lead or editor of a social channel, managing daily content and interactions, while also contributing ideas and content across other social platforms. Conceptualizes, researches, drafts, circulates for review, and/or publishes daily social content. Sources and selects photos, videos, and other multimedia for social. Launches and tracks social campaigns and promotions. Ensures that all content adheres to business objectives, SEO principles, voice guidelines and brand standards.
4. Manages social listening as well as conversations with customers and other stakeholders in social channels. Responds to and tracks inquiries, including after business hours as needed, and collaborates with customer-service teams and other internal teams to address them. Participates in online communities and also networks with peers, partners, thought leaders, and influencers on social.
5. Evolves Highmark’s social platform, helping to prioritize and launch new channels, including submitting proposals to social governance committee, collaborating with digital and IT teams, and developing launch plans and best practices or instructional documentation.
6. Benchmarks peers, competitors, and other high performers on social. Researches and reports on emerging social platforms and technologies as well as social, digital, and healthcare trends. Measures social activities, analyzes metrics and develops monthly reports for clients, peers and management.
7. Other duties as assigned.
Education, Licenses/Certifications, and Experience (For Experience requirements please see appropriate role/level guide. If not applicable, list experience requirements below.)
Describe in objective and non-comparative terms the minimum education level, previous experience, specific knowledge skills and abilities the individual must have to perform the job.
* Bachelor’s degree
* 5-10 years of relevant, progressive experience in Social media
* 5-10 years of relevant, progressive experience in Writing and editing
* 5-10 years of relevant, progressive experience in Marketing
* Master’s degree Digital or other advertising agency experience Health care industry experience Retail marketing experience
* Blogging experience
* Graphic design experience
* HTML experience HootSuite Enterprise, ShortStack, WordPress, and/or PhotoShop experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Knowledge of social media platforms and digital marketing
* Strategic-, creative- and critical-thinking skills
Research, interviewing, writing, editing and proofreading skills
Organizational and project management skills
Interpersonal, communication and client -management skills
* Resourceful and detail oriented
* Customer and client focused
* Ability to multitask, prioritize and work under pressure in fast-paced environment
* Ability to work independently but with strong process and team orientation
* Ability to problem-solve and deal with urgent communication issues
IV. SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Does this role supervise/manage other employees?
V. WORK ENVIRONMENT
Is Travel Required?
Yes – Occasional conference opportunities.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org