United Concordia Companies Inc
Job Description :
This job directly supports United Concordia leadership. The incumbent’s primary focus is to assist in executing business strategies throughout UCD through effective communication with other leaders and team members, diligent program management, and the research and tracking of key initiatives. The position has visibility with the executive leadership team and will have access to highly confidential business strategy for the organization. The job develops and maintains relationships with other executives and management staff to promote corporate objectives. Works to implement the UCD agenda by serving as lead for initiatives and tasks advancing the strategies. The position responsibilities span a number of different facets of the business, including but not limited to platform onboarding, strategic planning and growth design, and managing relationships across the Enterprise. The role will provide analytical and strategic thinking for the development and implementation of strategic initiatives that will facilitate business unit growth.
- Perform management responsibilities including, but not limited to: involved in hiring and termination decisions, coaching and development, rewards and recognition, performance management and staff productivity.
- Plan, organize, staff, direct and control the day-to-day operations of the department; develop and implement policies and programs as necessary; may have budgetary responsibility and authority.
- Provide support to a member of UCD Executive Leadership Team by driving special projects related to the business strategies. Requires a significant amount of influence with key executive leaders both within the organization, as well as Enterprise wide.
- Translate strategy into operational reality by breaking down strategies, or business initiatives into key tasks and identify accountabilities. Plan and execute projects on behalf of the leadership, and drive initiatives sponsored by leadership. This requires a significant amount of coordination with internal and external stakeholders representing the organization.
- Develop and communicate key components of project objectives and recommendations across the organization. Work with communications department and others to prepare leadership for meetings with various constituents, including board of directors and other external audiences. Manage operations for leadership.
- Develop relationships, manage expectations and communicate with senior executives and managers both throughout the organization as well as with external stakeholders.
- Compile reports, ad hoc presentations, briefings, and communications for internal and external stakeholders. Plan and execute leadership events such as offsite and leadership team meetings. Manage the effectiveness and efficiency of leadership and executive meetings.
- Support short and long-term strategy development for the business as part of a broader Enterprise objectives. Organize, plan, and lead day-to-day execution of strategic priorities in a self-directed manner; identify and make recommendations to leadership regarding opportunities for capability and operational improvements; Work closely with key stakeholders within and outside of the Enterprise to ensure successful strategy development and execution.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration / Management
- Substitutions: 6 years related and progressive experience in lieu of Bachelor’s Degree
- 10 years Business / Healthcare / Strategy
- 5 years Management experience
- Due to Department of Defense (DOD) contract requirements, the incumbent who fills this position must be a US citizen, and must also pass a background check
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration / Management
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Analytical ability
- Team leadership
- Presentation skills required to effectively communicate material to all levels of management
- Strategic relationship building
- Organization and prioritization skills
Travel Required: 0% – 25%
Referral Bonus: Level 3
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org