Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Monitors and coordinates technical lab billing issues. Assists with day to day operational oversight of billing department and ensures daily duties are completed per established guidelines.
- Troubleshoots billing issues and takes appropriate actions. (35%)
- Assists customers with patient billing inquiries. Identifies unpaid balances (insurance and patient) through A/R reports and takes appropriate actions. (25%)
- Supervises work performed by billing staff. (10%)
- Maintains current knowledge of federal and state reimbursement policies/regulations and system policies. Ensures compliance with regulatory requirements. (10%)
- Obtains and enters patient demographic, insurance, and referral/precertification information in the billing system. (10%)
- Verifies insurance information via hospital and insurance carrier systems. (10%)
- Performs all other duties as assigned, including but not limited to supporting front end office processes.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Graduate of a medical billing program or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years’ experience in healthcare billing role.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org