Job Description :
The User Experience (UX) Designer position is responsible for applying both interaction design thinking and human-centered design thinking to concept, design, and wireframe digital solutions focused on a user’s behaviors and needs. This position is expected to analyze information drawn from empathy-based research activities, use logic and reasoning to translate insights into essential user-flows and wireframes concepts, and iterate digital products in a continuous improvement model by evaluating metrics of users interacting with existing/hypothesized designs. The UX design position is expected to apply lean UX design techniques, tools and principles to solution the overall functionality of the product, while leveraging user-centered insights to guide design considerations. This is accomplished by conducting user research, usability testing, journey mapping, rapid sketching, user flow designing, wireframing, and UI layout solutioning.
We are hiring for 2 User Experience & Design Analysts.
• Assist the facilitation of design-thinking activities, including user personas, journey maps, user flows, value propositions, feature audits, competitive analysis, and user stories
•Use computer software to develop visual and creative assets in support of design thinking deliverables, such as protoypes, user flows, journey maps, feature audits, personas, and wireframes
• Uses logic and reasoning to identify creative approaches to design problems and devise elegant solutions focused on user needs
•Design solutions that scale for a wide range of devices and interfaces such as desktop, mobile, app, internet-of-things, Voice, interactive
• Work closely with front-end developers and project managers to implement UI solutions and ensure the technology fully executes on the vision and requirements.
• Ability to work on an interdisciplinary team of content, strategy, design, development, and project management to rapidly conceptualize products that meet a user’s needs and desires thru functional design
• Understands and can accomplish user-centered design concepts such as empathy mapping, heuristics, rapid-prototyping, affinity clustering, feature auditing, abstraction laddering, and qualitative/quantitative synthesis
• Collaborates with a host of partners including business, clients, strategists, developers, project managers and potential users, to align, conceive and deliver intuitive solutions
• Understands the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making related to a product
• Objectively inform development of best in class, user-centered design experiences.
• Understands and can execute prototyping design focused to de-risk hypothesis assumptions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Factors, Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Communications or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 3 years of relevant work experience
- Master’s Degree in Human Factors, Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Communications, or related field
- 3-5 years of relevant UI/UX design experience
- Digital agency experience
- Healthcare experience
• Knowledge of design techniques, tools, layout principles, and aesthetic design concepts related to creative design of drawings, wireframes, prototypes, and user-centered artifacts
• Proficiency of design software, including adobe photoshop, illustrator, indesign, XD, sketch, axure, creative cloud, confluence, jira, realtimeboard
• Strong understanding of interactive design practices & processes across web and mobile
• Proven graphic design skills, including strength in typography and information/interaction design
• Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as, internal and external clients
• Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
• Strong design background in fundamentals along with relevant internship work, work experience, or personal project experience outside the classroom in interaction, graphic design or motion design.
• Knowledge of agile method of project management
• Progressive experience delivering customer-facing digital experiences with a focus on one of the following: information architecture, UI/UX design, content strategy, usability research/testing
• Excellent interpersonal, presentation, communication and note-taking skills, for all levels of corporation
• Travel requirement: 0-25%
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org