Job Description :
This job supports an executive and performs a wide range of secretarial and general office duties as assigned, ensuring timely and accurate completion of assignments to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of their manager in meeting operational objectives. Responsibilities include typing, word processing, proofreading, handling phone calls, maintaining and organizing files, copying, reviewing and distributing mail, greeting visitors, ordering supplies, scheduling calendars, and making travel arrangements. In addition, the incumbent organizes and expedites workflow and is responsible for providing secretarial support as required to support the communication or presentation needs of the principal when not delegated elsewhere and edits documents for grammar and punctuation. Requires the continuous use of technical and business vocabulary and a detailed knowledge of organization operations, organizational procedures, and personnel.
- Communicate effectively. Display effective communication skills while interacting and responding, both written and verbally, with internal and external entities on behalf of assigned management.
- Provide secretarial services to the Executive and assigned staff. This includes performing typing, word processing transcribing and proofreading activities concerning correspondence, memoranda, schedules, reports, presentation materials and statistical information. Maintain a communication flow by receiving and distributing correspondence via mail services or on-line communication networks. Schedule reservations, meeting arrangements, conference rooms and audio/visual equipment as needed. Receive visitors and telephone calls in a courteous and efficient manner and direct inquires to the appropriate staff based on an overall knowledge of departmental policies and procedures. Maintain hardcopy and on-line correspondence and administrative files.
- Compile various information and perform minor calculations as required for departmental reports,
- Maintain other administrative records
- Provide telephone coverage and screen telephone calls, letters, and/or visitors, answering routine questions
- Review and prioritize information and inquires received for the consideration of the Executive, make high-level contacts from both inside and outside the Organization, and address and answer inquiries and solicitations, paying constant attention to formal clearance, procedural controls, and organizational sensitivity. Attend selected meetings in a non-participatory manner to take appropriate notes and conserve principal’s time while assuring familiarity with meeting developments.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- High School Diploma/GED
- More than 5 years secretarial or administrative experience
- Excellent typing, word processing and proofreading skills as well as a working knowledge of PC word processing, spreadsheet and graphic applications
- The utmost integrity in the discreet handling of confidential information
- Knowledge of corporate programs, policies, procedures and protocols
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Does this role supervise/manage other employees?
Is Travel Required?
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This position adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies
Referral Bonus: Level 1
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org