Job Description :
What we are searching for:
A high-performer that will design, execute and synthesize analytics and artificial intelligence (AI) solutions to support and address specific audit questions, programs and initiatives. Responsible for blending large volumes of structured/unstructured data and applying AI techniques on top of it in order to bring the ‘wow’ factor to our customers.
In the latter part of 2017, Strategic Audit Analytics was stood up to help the Audit function gain new insights through the use of analytics and machine learning. The team works with business partners, leading vendors, and experts to contribute to our portfolio of next-generation artificial intelligence projects.
Why you should join:
Strategic Analytics is a small cadre of individual personalities who Voltron into a passionate unit, greater than the sum of its parts. We’re nimble and focused, with a dash of idealism, a fondness for coffee and ice cream, and a genuine love for creating art. We have team outings, volunteer events, workplace flexibility, reward programs, happy hours and more. We constantly strive to create an environment that allows everyone to produce the best work of their lives. In a nutshell, we’ve built a team where people truly love working, we think you will too!
What we value:
We seek out opportunities to make things better! We organize people, or tasks, or data, and we make promises to each other. We take responsibility even when it’s not our job. We learn what we don’t know and then we do things with care and generosity. We eagerly share our mistakes and expose the speed bumps, and then we turn around and we do it again.
That means we speak up when we don’t understand and when something can be better. These conversations are a feature, not a bug. We engage often, mostly through standups or team huddles. We move very fast, which requires alignment of attitude and energy to maintain a positive atmosphere.
The posture of possibility drives each person on the team. To have a job to do work that matters – for people who care. Work that people would miss if we were gone – work that makes things better.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work directly with the Audit & Compliance business to understand audits, questions, business processes, programs and/or initiatives, then identifying how analytical, big data and AI solutions could help deliver value for audits and saving healthcare from fraud, waste, abuse activities. This would include being accountable for, outlining new use cases, creating high level impact estimates, and identifying the necessary data elements (including proxies) to deliver analytical solutions to complex business problems using AI methodologies. This job will be responsible to assemble data sets using appropriate source data/data systems and using AI techniques on that data.
- Perform data modeling, extractions, transformations, loads, integrations, processing and mining using relational database as well as big data technologies for data readiness. Select and apply the appropriate artificial intelligence techniques on these data sets to deliver high quality business insight, ensuring that the final analytical solution is well researched, accurate, and documented. This requires technical flexibility, in-depth knowledge and delivery of advanced analytical solutions with the capability of predictive analytics, decision making and casual inference using various techniques including regression models, clustering techniques, tree-based learning, machine learning, text mining, topic modeling, natural language processing, cognitive analytics, neural networks, optical character recognition, pattern recognition, computer vision, RPA etc…
- Consult with the internal business to contextualize and translate the results of our analysis in a form which the business understands and the audit function can complete required audits. The incumbent is responsible for creation of written reports, presentation and data visualizations that draws clear lines between the high-level problem specifications, the analyses performed, and how the results link directly back to business and/or audit objectives.
- Plan, prepare, initiate and complete all modeling/analyses on time, to a high standard and ready to implement on a production basis as needed/accepted by the organization. In addition, responsibilities include identifying the best route to the implementation of proposed solution, inclusive of developing the appropriate AI solution. This position is also responsible for automating the manual interventions in audit and financial investigation areas by creating solutions through application automation, robotic process automation as per the necessity.
- Research new AI skills, approaches and trends, to facilitate building relationships internally and externally to transfer knowledge, consult and maintain their subject matter expertise. Consult and collaborate with fellow artificial intelligence scientists, data scientists, business intelligence engineers, decision support consultants and analysts to guide analysis and deliver larger projects.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Master’s Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or Artificial Intelligence
- (Substitution in lieu of a Masters: Bachelor’s Degree in any of Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or Artificial Intelligence with three (3) years of post-baccalaureate and progressively responsible experience in a related position.)
- 3 – 5 Years of Total Experience
- Data Modeling, Warehousing and Engineering
- Big Data Technologies with Hadoop Ecosystem
- Data Mining, Data Visualizations, Statistical Analysis and Predictive Modeling
- Building Artificial Intelligence Solutions using Machine Learning, Neural Networks, Text mining, Topic modeling, Natural Language Processing, Pattern Recognition, Robotic Process Automation and Cognitive Analytics, or combination thereof.
- 1 year in the Healthcare Industry
- 1 year with Research and Development, Operations, or IT Audit function
- Certification in Healthcare (PAHM), Statistical software (SAS, Alteryx), BI tools (Tableau, Power BI), or Machine Learning concepts
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Absolutely rigorous in data gathering and strong analytical and synthesis skills
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau or Power BI
- Experience with statistical software packages such as SAS or Alteryx
- Strong SQL skills in complex data architectures within Teradata or Hadoop environment
- Familiar with Artificial Intelligence techniques and programming languages like Python or Java
Referral Award Payout Level: 2
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org