Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Independently performs professional level accounting work and complex functions and provides guidance and training to lower level accountants. Accurately prepares financial statements, reports and analyses; prepares more complex statements and reports. May serve as primary contact for the accounting and financial reporting of property, plant and equipment for all business units
- Plans, organizes, and reviews the work of lower level accounting personnel. Consistently reviews internal processes, evaluates and suggests improvements for efficiencies. (10%)
- Ensures financial/statistical statements are accurate and completed in a timely manner. Performs an analytical review of financial statements and supporting schedules for monthly reporting or as needed. (40%)
- Calculates and recognizes revenues to be included on financial statements. Prepares, reviews and analyzes accounts receivable, contractual allowances, and bad debt. Researches and reviews accounting issues and makes recommendations based on applicable accounting guidance. (20%)
- Provides audit support by completing requested schedules in a timely manner. Reconciles and/or reviews selected account reconciliations assigned by management. (10%)
- Serves as the technical expert and provides education and training to the department, operations, and others. (10%)
- Depending on specific role and department may prepare journal entries for all transactions involving property plant and equipment. Responsible for capitalizing and maintaining the fixed asset financial module. (10%)
- Performs all other duties as assigned or required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent from a four-year college or university plus 3-5 years related experience in accounting; or at a minimum, associate’s degree plus 5-7 years’ related accounting experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5-7 years of accounting experience with general ledger system knowledge.
- Master’s Degree.
- CPA or CMA.
- Health care experience.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org