Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Identifies and manages medical and surgical problems within the Physician Assistant’s scope of practice in a surgical setting.
- Obtains complete medical history and physical data on patients. (30%)
- Performs physical exams, documents in the medical record, orders appropriate laboratory & diagnostic procedures and established presumptive diagnosis as defined in the written agreement between the PA and the supervising physician(s). Assists in the OR by serving as first or second assistant during surgical procedures. (20%)
- Provides appropriate patient care to include completing daily patient care rounds on surgical patients, recording patient medical history and physical assessment, developing therapeutic care plan, ordering diagnostic tests, interpreting test results, discharge planning and providing accurate medical record documentation for surgical patients. (10%)
- Communicates with attending physician regarding plan of care and involves physician in clinical decision making of any issues that are outside the Physician Assistant’s knowledge base or scope of practice. (10%)
- Educates patients and family members regarding health and illness prevention, medication and treatment instructions, and recommends community resources as needed. (10%)
- Prepares written prescription orders for drugs as defined in the written agreement between the PA and the supervising physician(s). (10%)
- Triages patient telephone calls. (10%)
- Performs all other duties as assigned or required.
- BA/BS Degree in Physician Assistant Studies.
- Current PA Physician Assistant License or board eligible. PA-C required or board eligible. License and certification required within 90 days of employment. Ongoing successful recertification (NCCPA) as a PA-C.
- CPR and ACLS certification.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org