Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Identifies and manages complex medical problems and performs procedures across the continuum of care (both inpatient and outpatient responsibilities) pertinent to the care of the oncology / hematology population within the practitioner’s scope of practice.
- Provides appropriate patient care to include recording patient medical history and physical assessment, developing therapeutic care plan, ordering diagnostic tests, interpreting test results, discharge planning and providing accurate medical record documentation for patients in the complex oncology hematology population. (20%)
- Oversees the administration of cytotoxic chemotherapy, biologic response modifiers and therapeutic agents. (15%)
- Provides emergency response for management of life threatening infusion related events. Provides symptom management for treatment related toxicities. (15%)
- Facilitates communication regarding goals of care including end of life decision making. (15%)
- Performs invasive procedures, as deemed clinically competent, this includes (but not limited to) bone marrow aspirate biopsy (CMS categorizes bone marrow aspirate & biopsy as a surgical procedure) and administration of intrathecal chemotherapy. (15%)
- Communicates with attending physician regarding plan of care and involves physician in clinical decision making of any issues that are outside the practitioners knowledge base or scope of practice. (15%)
- Demonstrates professional commitment through mandatory attendance at continuing education programs, independent reading, and other professional activities. (5%)
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Master’s Degree required unless grandfathered by prior entry into practice.
- Current PA RN; plus, meet the current requirements for state certification for a nurse practitioner in PA. Must be a national board certified neonatal nurse practitioner or board eligible.
- Prescriptive authority and DEA license.
- Current PA driver’s license.
- CPR certification.
- Oncology / Hematology experience preferred. Experience with oncology chemotherapy care, toxicity management and emergency response to critical oncology events.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org