Hm Health Solutions Inc.
Job Description :
The Emerging Leaders Program (ELP) is a two-year, early career development program that focuses on increasing your skills and business knowledge of the Highmark Health enterprise and its tech subsidiary, HM Health Solutions. As an associate in the ELP, you will enhance your personal and professional development by rotating through 4 different business areas over the course of two years in a selected track: Project Management/Business Analysis, Application Development, or Security/IT Operations. These different rotations provide a unique opportunity to build and challenge your skills and experience to excel in the information technology field.
The incumbent is assigned to functional areas (Platform & Technology Solutions, Infrastructure & Security, Business Management & Finance, Customer Operations) based on their experience, educational background, and interest and are made responsible for various work streams and assignments. Accountabilities include, but are not limited to, regular discretion and judgement to solve problems, creating innovative solutions, interacting with customers and senior leadership, and acting as a champion for the ELP, through program optimization, outreach and recruitment, and mentorship of future recruits. The incumbent will receive focused and regimented development and exposure to position for accelerated advancement.
Fall 2019 and Spring 2020 Recruitment:
This position is for the 2020 class of the Emerging Leaders Program. The start date for this position would be January 2020 or June 2020 (depending upon graduation date). Interviews of qualified applicants will begin in August 2019 and offers will be extended shortly after this given time frame.
- Assists and actively participates on project teams in various project roles, including, but not limited to, Developer, Technical Lead and Project Manager, based upon level of experience.
- Performs work in compliance with all Highmark Health standards, policies and procedures.
- Effectively communicates with team members, customers, partners and management, including assisting with or conducting requirement walkthroughs and sprint reviews, reporting project status, enabling vendor solutions and providing accurate and concise documentation.
- Serves to advance objectives of the ELP program, by contributing to recruitment of prospective candidates to infuse top talent, program branding and awareness, and overall improvement enrichment.
- Engages in skills development targeted towards their track specification. Key learning events will be required in Technical Skills (per their respective career tracks) and Core Leadership skills.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
Application Development Track:
- Assists in collaborating with customers, business analysts, partners, and IT team members to understand business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions.
- Responsible for assisting in analyzing, designing, coding, testing and implementing less complex application enhancements, as well as providing general production support, meeting defined scope, target dates and budgets with minimal or no defects.
- Utilizes and participates in the full system less complex development life cycle, per current standards.
Project Management/Business Analysis Track:
- Works with more senior team members, customers, Software Engineers, Architects, and Capability Managers to assist in capturing capability needs and driving quality business solutions.
- Assists with the creation and maintenance of deliverables such as business vision, requirements, personalization to different clients, and user interface design.
- Helps to plan, organize, and control the day-to-day operations of the project, including budgetary oversight and optimal resource utilization. Direct corrective action as needed to maintain the viability of the program, report to the executive team/sponsor/steering committee on the progress, business impacts, and strategies around the project(s).
- Performs analysis and resolves problems regarding information security
- Assists HM Health Solutions teams in incident response procedures
- Assures compliance to required standards, procedures, guidelines and processes
- Conducts application risk assessments against Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and Payment Card Industry (PCI).
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum 3.5 GPA in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Software Engineering, Information Security, Business Administration, Health Administration, or relevant field
- 3.5 or better GPA from their most recently completed degree program (prior to their start date)
- Graduated from an accredited Bachelor’s (or higher) degree program within the last year
- Candidates are active in clubs, volunteerism, and other activities outside of the classroom
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work for any US employer without requiring sponsorship from HMHS
- Candidates have completed at least one quality internship in a relevant role to this position
- Candidates had active leadership role(s) in various clubs, projects, and job situations
- Candidates have majored or minored in an IT, business/finance, or healthcare related discipline
- Ability to act as an agent of change
- Customer focus, results orientation, strategic thinking, change advocate, continuous improvement, talent development
- Excellent written and spoken communications skills
- Ability to work independently
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in the use of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proven ability to build and sustain internal and customer relationships
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org