Job Description :
Identification of issues; development of requests for proposals, review of requests for grants, including recommendation regarding acceptance and/or rejections; and monitoring of accomplishment of grant objectives, particularly in the field of health. This position holds primary responsibility of performing these duties for the board of the Highmark Foundation. Position supports communities located in 49 counties served by Highmark’s affiliates, subsidiaries and West Virginia.
1. Bring critical health issues, analysis, and recommendations to the President of the Highmark Foundation and the Highmark Foundation board for consideration.
2. Play a role externally around position-related issues, convening relevant parties, and building relationships and new institutional arrangements.
3. Initiate ideas and provide policy and procedural information and technical assistance as needed by potential grantees. Prepare reports on results of Foundation’s initiatives and make presentations to the Highmark Foundation Board. Monitor grantee activity to ensure successful completion of initiatives through mid-course correction and outcome evaluation. Work with grantees to develop appropriate materials for Highmark Foundation Board.
4. Identify and think creatively about the Highmark Foundation’s role with respect to emerging community health issues; as appropriate, prepare Foundation’s response to those issues.
5. Identify when changes are needed in foundation processes and execute them.
6. Represent the Foundation locally and nationally with philanthropic and other health and human services organizations.
7. Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5-10 years of relevant, progressive experience in philanthropy, health, human services or related field.
- Advanced degree in health, public health, human services or related field.
- Experience in planning and evaluation
- Experience in working with community organizations
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven leadership abilities
- In-depth knowledge of state and federal agencies involved in health and human service issues.
- Research skills and knowledge
- Strategic thinking abilities
- Ability to convene and/or build partnerships with key stakeholders
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Does this role supervise/manage other employees?
Is Travel Required?
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org