Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Date Posted: 20190795
Location: Allegheny General Hospital
Department: Clinical Documentation
Status: Full Time
Shift: 80 hours every two weeks
Daylight Monday thru Friday with occasional weekends
The Allegheny Health Network is comprised of eight hospitals: Allegheny General, Allegheny Valley, Canonsburg, Forbes, Jefferson, Saint Vincent, Westfield Memorial and West Penn; and more than 200 primary- and specialty-care practices. And we have approximately 1,700 physicians in every clinical specialty, 17,000 employees and 2,000 volunteers. Together, we provide world-class medicine to patients in our communities, across the country and around the world.
For decades, the hospitals of Allegheny Health Network have been providing people with exceptional healthcare, care that helps people to live healthy lives and care that we deliver throughout their lifetimes.
Since 1885, Allegheny General Hospital (AGH) has offered medical care to Pittsburgh and its surrounding areas. What started with just 50 beds inside two adjoining brick homes has evolved into a premier health care institution with over 600 beds. Today, AGH still follows the founding partners mission statement, ‘Erected for the benefit of mankind to save life, relieve suffering and conserve health’ by continually striving for outstanding patient experience and care. Allegheny General offers its patients many modern-day amenities, state-of-the art surgical suites, innovative technology, and advanced medical treatments, which are delivered by its world-renowned doctors in conjunction with exceptional teams of nurses, technicians, clinicians and supporting staff.
Responsible and accountable for a designated patient population for the purpose of improving the overall quality and completeness of clinical documentation which accurately reflects patient severity and supports appropriate reimbursement.
- Facilitates modifications to clinical documentation to ensure that appropriate reimbursement is received for the level of service rendered to all patients with a DRG based payor.
- Improves the overall quality and completeness of clinical documentation by performing admission/continued stay reviews using Compliant Documentation Program Management (CDMP®) guidelines and software.
- Processes discharges by updating the DRG Worksheet to reflect any changes in status, procedures/treatments, and conferring physician to finalize diagnoses.
- Educates all internal customers on compliant documentation opportunities, coding and reimbursement issues, as well as performance improvement methodologies.
- Participates in performance improvement activities aimed at improving compliant documentation, medical record coding, clinical outcomes, collaborative practice, financial outcomes, and other pertinent performance indicators as defined by the organization.
- Adheres to the policies, procedures, rules and regulations of the hospital as well as regulatory bodies and all Federal and State laws and regulations.
- Current RN PA licensure
- 2 years of experience as a Clinical Documentation Specialist in an acute adult inpatient facility.
- Minimum 5 years nursing experience in an acute care adult inpatient hospital setting.
- CCDS or CDIP certification
- ICD 10 acute inpatient hospital coding experience.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org