Job Description :
JOB SUMMARY (Summarizes the major purpose and primary responsibilities)
This job will respond to inquiries and requests received from customers as well as online submissions. This job will require a broad knowledge base across HR functional areas as a foundation to deliver timely, professional and courteous responses to all customers on initial inquiries and transaction support and execution. The incumbent will be the customer-facing representative for HR Services and operations. It is imperative that the incumbent possess the skills necessary to perform exceptional customer service, while performing transactions with a high degree of quality, accuracy and in a timely manner in accordance with agreed-upon service level agreements.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES (Describes the critical tasks, duties and responsibilities of the position.)
- Provide courteous, respectful and reliable service to HR customers, including pre-hires, active and former employees and managers, and retirees.
- Assess and resolve customer inquiries and issues (via phone, email and chat) or escalate to the next level of service within the appropriate functional area as per the service delivery routing structure. Work with high quality and accuracy standards, capturing interactions within case management through case creation, update and closure.
- Learn and understand HR functional area knowledge and be able to navigate finding and using content within the knowledge base, applying it to resolve inquiries efficiently and accurately.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
Bachelor’s Degree- Business, Human Resources or related field
Substitutions (Acceptable substitutions in lieu of a degree 1 1/2 years’ experience = 1 year college)
6 years’ of equivalent experience
Business, Human Resources or related field
Minimum: This section refers to the minimum years and type of applicable experience needed to perform the job. Minimum requirements must be non-comparative, objective, and relevant.
- 2-5 years’ of experience with Human Resources, or
- 2-5 years’ of experience in call center/customer service
Preferred: This section refers to additional desired years and type of experience that the hiring manager would prefer, above and beyond the basic requirements of the job.
- Experience with Workday or any other HR database or platform system
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES (List the attributes required to perform the job through demonstrated service, education or training)
- Knowledge of case management processes
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while delivering quality results
- Maintain strict confidentiality with regards to work processes and employee information
- Translate & interpret foreign language (preferred)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to build and retain effective working relationships with customers and team members
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org