Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Provides primary or acute healthcare services for certain acute or chronic health conditions in specific populations in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice and with the policies, values, and mission of the organization.
- Provides appropriate patient care to include recording patient medical history and physical assessment, developing therapeutic care plan, ordering diagnostic tests, interpreting test results, discharge planning and providing accurate medical record documentation. (35%)
- Communicates and coordinates patient care with patient, family, community health services and interdisciplinary team. Involves attending physician regarding plan of care and involves physician in clinical decision making of any issues that are outside the CRNP’s knowledge base or scope of practice. (15%)
- Prepares written prescription orders for drugs and controlled substances, administers medication and injections, sutures wounds and provides wound care. (10%)
- Educates patients and family members regarding health and preventive medicine, medications prescribed, treatment instructions and recommends community resources as appropriate. (10%)
- Triages patient telephone calls, provides monitoring and continuity of care. (10%)
- Participates, develops, and implements performance and/or quality improvement initiatives. Ensures compliance with all regulatory agencies. (10%)
- Serves as the clinical expert and acts as a clinical resource. (10%)
- May perform other duties such as daily rounding of patients, manage outpatient concerns and any other duty specific to specialty.
- MSN from a PA State Board of Nursing Approved Master’s Program
- National Board Certification for Nurse Practitioners through the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) or American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
- Current PA State licensure as a Nurse Practitioner with Prescriptive Authority from the State of Pennsylvania Drug Enforcement Agency Licensure Registered with the Pennsylvania Prescription Drug Monitoring Program
- BLS Certification
- Post Master’s program, DNP
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org