Job Description :
This job is part of the Financial Leadership Development Program (FLDP) and is designed to accelerate development of highly skilled individuals who have the potential to excel in the finance organization. This job will rotate into various roles to immerse participants in strategic and operational priorities across the finance organization and possibly into collaborating business units.
Job duties will be specific to the rotational role filled at each step through the program. In general, rotational roles will be held across the organization, with an emphasis on building leadership skills and developing a robust understanding of how the company and its lines of business achieve its financial performance targets. Rotational roles may include short and long-duration assignments, with an emphasis on skill and knowledge development specific to the individual and consistent with business needs.
Building upon a solid foundation in Accounting and/or Finance, program members will be placed in individual contributor and team leadership roles. As a participant in the program, certain requirements may be placed on program participants related to role change flexibility to ensure that business needs are met and that participants are provided with a diverse set of experience across the company. The rotation selection and placement follows a collaborative approach to ensure the maximization of current and potential skill sets to meet growing business demands. Participant’s development and progress in the program is expected to be steady and progressive, with evidence of strong initiative, learning agility, and team leadership skills. Anticipated participation in the program is approximately four (4) years, but will vary depending on the skill set and experience of the individual participant upon entering the program and their skill development as a participant.
- Develop a robust understanding of the company’s products and services, how we achieve our financial objectives, and how team leadership and influencing skills as a finance leader are critical to the success of the organization.
- Perform financial analysis and/or accounting duties as an individual contributor and/or team leader, ensuring that work product is timely and accurate, the work is performed in a manner that minimizes manual processes and is delivered with a customer focus.
- Lead short and medium-term duration projects, building an action oriented skill set that enables successful project delivery and confidence from project team members and matrix partners.
- Serve as a leader of teams, ensuring that people, processes and technology are aligned towards the achievement of team objectives. As a team leader, understand that success of the team is the result of the entire team’s output and that the program participant is evaluated in the context of individual results along with the sustained results of the team.
- Develop a long-term professional development orientation, building personal skills and those of direct reports and matrix partners. Be open to professional development feedback, understand that program participation success is the result of the full body of work and skill development, orienting the participant towards selection for higher level financial leadership positions upon completion of the program.
Bachelor’s Degree- Finance or Accounting
3+ years’ finance-division work experience in higher level, strategic type roles, or 3+ years’ managing projects in an advisory or consultant role
2-3 years’ of public accounting experience
1-2 years’ internal controls/compliance experience
Health insurance experience or health provider/hospital experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Client focused with strong business acumen
- Self-starter with the ability to work under pressure independently and as part of a team
- Ability to think strategically and act proactively to create strong trust and confidence with business units
- Strong innovative problem-solving capabilities
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This position adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org