Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Responsibilities of the Credit Balance Specialist include the compliant review and analysis of credit balance accounts to determine cause and resolution of the credit, either through contractual allowances or refunds/reimbursement to insurance companies. In addition, the representative is responsible for thorough and accurate follow-up and communication with management to assist in developing root cause analysis of the credit balance.
- Reviews daily credit balance work lists to initiate research of credit balance accounts. (20%)
- Completes all formal refund requests in compliance with contract terms, providing all supporting documentation as necessary. (20%)
- Efficiently responds to correspondence received from payers requesting refunds. (20%)
- Reports on root causes of credits to management. (20%)
- Is responsible for following up on credit balance accounts. (20%)
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Three years billing and collections experience
- Some college level coursework
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org