Gateway Health Plan
Job Description :
The job plays a key role in the oversight of accounting functions related to financial and/or regulatory reporting including preparation and review of financial and regulatory reports and accounting analyses in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), and/or Statutory Accounting Principles (SAP) and/or other regulatory requirements. The incumbent takes a lead role in accounting analyses, technical research, policy development and other project activities required of the organization to ensure proper application of GAAP, and SAP, and other regulatory rules and regulations. Detailed responsibilities vary by department but may include the following: preparation and/or review of financial statements, footnotes, consolidation, insurance department filings, state regulatory filings, monthly close activities, technical accounting position papers, etc.
- Prepare and/or review financial statements, including footnotes, insurance department filings, regulatory filings, and certain management/executive financial presentations.
- Prepare financial and business-related analysis.
- Lead cross-functional efforts to draft and implement new or revised accounting policies and implement processes and applications that have a direct impact on the Company’s financial reporting.
- Provide accounting guidance, interpretation and prepare technical position papers that document issues in a clear, logical and comprehensive manner, for evolving accounting guidance.
- Classify, examine, and analyze accounting records and prepare or review related calculations, journal entries, reconciliations, and reports.
- Support annual audit with external audit firm; act as liaison with external audit firm during fieldwork.
- Implement process improvements to ensure best practices.
- Mentor and develop staff members.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration/Management, Accounting or Finance
Required (one of the following or combination)
- 6 years of progressive experience in Corporate Finance/Accounting OR
- 3 – 5 years in Public Accounting, including at least 1 year at a senior level with supervisory responsibilities
- 1 – 3 years in External Audit
- 1 – 3 years in the Health Insurance Industry
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Written & Oral Presentation Skills
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Analytical Skills
- Business Process Improvement
- Financial or Accounting Systems
- Internal Controls
- Oral & Written Communication Skills
Language (Other than English):
0% – 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Does Not Apply
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Does Not Apply
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org