Job Description :
This job provides expertise for standard to moderately complex problem solving and in-depth understanding of system functionality for an assigned business unit within Product and Healthcare Services. The incumbent reviews significant amounts of information and analyzes processes to support business unit needs. May troubleshoot errors, conduct impact analyses, and/or solve data rejection. Performs business analyses in one or more operational areas. Identifies process gaps and recommends process improvements for efficiencies. Will assist in the total on boarding of new employees and transfers within Product and Healthcare Services. This includes: training coordination, facilities/stakeholder management, and communications.
Essential Job Functions:
- Intake operational objectives and gather information. May perform routine research and evaluate basic output requirements and formats. Communicate business operational requirements to internal groups responsible for developing/testing business requirements in various applications.
- Coordinate, monitor, and report on the progress of projects to ensure adherence to defined project schedule. Communicate effectively with customers and colleagues. Successfully articulate issues, problems, and solutions. Conduct pre-and post-implementation review. Assist in the planning/designing and facilitation of functional walk-throughs. May require additional support from more experienced team members.
- Manage small to intermediate cross-functional projects and change initiatives involved in the design and delivery of business process solutions, implementation strategies, and control measures, including scoping, leading, and influencing organizational change related to business processes and models.
- Facilitate process improvement meetings and/or discussions.
- Analyze the functions and operations of a business area/function and identify problem areas. Create process mapping and document current and future state business processes.
- Recommend process efficiencies, strategies for improvement, and/or solutions to align technology with business strategies.
- Assist in development of desktop procedures and/or training material.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED
- 3 – 5 years of experience in a Business Analyst or Business Process Analyst role or experience in a related operational area (e.g. claims, billing, customer service, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1 – 3 years in the Health Insurance Industry
- Analysis of business problems/needs
- Written & Oral Presentation Skills
- Business Analysis
- Business Process Design
- Business Process Improvement
- Business Process Mapping
- Business Requirements
- Collaborative Problem Solving
- Project Management
Referral Bonus: Level 1
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org