Job Description :
Represents the corporation to enhance the corporation’s leadership, image, reputation and community involvement. Works with non-profit organizations with regard to sponsorships, grant-making, volunteerism and special community programs. Implements and manages multiple programs and events that support Highmark’s business and community missions, designing and managing all phases of the project lifecycle. Meets with agencies and organizations to assess their funding needs and volunteer opportunities. Independently evaluates funding requests, prepares materials, makes funding recommendations, and oversees the management of the grant or sponsorship. Designs, implements and manages volunteer and community programs.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Reviews and evaluates sponsorship and grant funding requests and presents funding recommendations at staff meetings based on Highmark’s strategic direction and business needs. Prepares materials for review meetings, obtaining additional information from applicants as needed. Ensures compliance with standard terms and conditions for sponsorship agreements and contracts, department procedures and corporate giving policies and IRS regulations for grants and programs. Meets and communicates with outside agencies regularly to learn of community fund needs. Provides due diligence on prospective grantees which may include site visits, examination of project budget, research on program impact and need, and information regarding organization.
2. Serves as a representative in the community. Attends meetings/events with community leaders, non-profit organizations and potential funding partners. Designs, implements and manages all phases of the program lifecycle for Highmark programs and events, including setting goals, defining tasks and times, managing implementation according to plan and within budget. Manages special events, programs and corporate employee engagement activities and special corporate initiatives. Manages resource allocation such as volunteers, inter-department support and vendors. Develop collaborations and partnerships with key community stakeholders, internal departments and Highmark subsidiaries to effectively implement community programs and events.
3. Enter grant/sponsorship, and/or program data into appropriate software system and manage grant and program requirements through the appropriate software platform. Design and prepare a variety of reports utilizing appropriate software, including development or customization of report templates. Following established protocols, prepare check requests for grants/sponsorship payments and send checks to organizations. Assist in management of sponsorship requests and/or the implementation of community programs.
4. Other duties as assigned or requested.
- High School Diploma
- 0-1 experience in corporate community philanthropy, health or human services community programs or related experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-3 experience in corporate community philanthropy, health or human services community programs or related experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in volunteer management
- Project management and or event planning
- Proficiency in computer applications including Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Referral Bonus: Level 1
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org