Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Performs routine and highly complex laboratory analyses on clinical specimens in various sections of the
laboratory under supervision.
- Performs a variety of routine and complex procedures using established criteria to provide quality clinical information. Verifies analytic accuracy, precision, sensitivity and linearity for test methods. (50%)
- Operates, calibrates, checks and maintains instrumentation. Recognizes problems with quality control and test procedures and takes appropriate action to ensure quality clinical information. (30%)
- Participates in programs to keep updated with current and changing technologies. (5%)
- May collect and process patient specimens in accordance with laboratory policies and procedures and within the expected time frames. (5%)
- Maintains the cleanliness of the work area and adequate supplies for efficient laboratory operations. (5%)
- May mentor MT/MLT, phlebotomy, and lab processor students and new employees in laboratory testing following AHN policies and procedures. (5%)
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Associates degree in ASCP eligible program or equivalent. Meet ongoing education requirements for certification.
- Medical Laboratory Technician (American Society of Clinical Pathologists) or equivalent required within one year of hire.
- Clinical laboratory experience.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org