Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Responsible for material accuracy of hospital financial statements. Analyzes financial results, trends, performance metrics and provides root cause analysis to support business decisions. Recommends budget adjustments, and other cost improvement measures.
- Records, classifies, and summarizes financial transactions and events in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. Interprets financial transactions and events for users who must make economic or business decisions. (20%)
- Maintains processes and performs calculations to support the monthly close process and the generation of the monthly financial statements. Provides expertise and education related to budgeting, revenue recognition, and reimbursement. Correlates Revenue/Expense to volumes and prepares reports to assist financial management in assessing financial performance. (20%)
- Evaluates, updates, and maintains processes in support of regulatory and third party changes, quarterly work papers, annual audits, cost accounting, and third party cost reporting. (20%)
- Performs detailed variance analysis against budget, forecast, prior periods, or other benchmarks. (20%)
- Stays abreast of issues impacting the healthcare industry, especially those that have a financial impact to WPAHS. Makes recommendations to Decision Support Management for financial and performance improvement. (20%)
- Performs all other duties as assigned or required.
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field.
- Accounting and budgeting experience.
- Minimum of 1 year financial analysis experience.
- Proficiency with spreadsheet applications and database management.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org