Job Description :
This job is a mid-level actuarial analyst position that prepares, performs, and analyzes actuarial studies, making appropriate recommendations to actuarial management. Develops efficient processes and applies actuarial techniques and statistical analysis to several functions, including insurance premium and pricing development, claim trend analysis, experience studies, medical economics, profitability analysis, wellness studies, predictive modeling, or claim reserving.
- Develop efficient and transparent queries to obtain data that is appropriate to the purpose with minimal assistance and oversight.
- Develop studies, analyses, and presentation materials needed to appropriately inform decision makers. Make appropriate recommendations to management across teams within the actuarial department.
- Proactively ensure the internal and external consistency of all work. Perform reasonability checks dependent on industry knowledge and experience.
- Understand the environment, goals, and objectives of the incumbent’s own position, their team, and all internal customers. Take the initiative to propose changes to projects, systems, processes, or decisions so that the results of all the teams’ efforts conform better to corporate goals, objectives, and values.
- Manage own time and resources across many projects, focusing on quality, time, scope, usefulness, and appropriateness of work. Carry out recurring projects with minimal assistance and oversight. Keep manager informed.
- Interact with customers in a manner that fosters cooperation, teamwork, and influence while conveying engagement and competence. Enhance department influence while conveying engagement and competence. Effectively explain technical work to both technical and non-technical people.
- Develop and maintain positive relationship with others. Listen, take direction, accept criticism and feedback to improve performance. Proactively take on additional work as needed by the team. Answer questions of less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics or closely related field
- 2 -5 years in an Actuarial role
- 3 Exam Components
- 4+ Exam Components
- Previous statistical analysis or predictive modeling experience.
- Possesses and applies an in-depth knowledge of actuarial principles, concepts, practices and processes within a specific field or discipline
- Possesses significant knowledge to complete assignments and begins to visualize, articulate, and solve complex problems
- Analytical Skills
- Oral & Written Communication Skills
Referral Bonus: Level 4
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice