Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Provides triage, referral, and counseling services for clients according to legal and administrative policies and procedures with documentation of service goals and client response. Contributes to Counseling Center policies and procedures and marketing and planning strategies. Works independently with minimum supervision. Provides counseling and consultation to inpatients at Jefferson Regional Medical Center Psychiatric and Medical Services.
- Provides counseling services in individual, marital and family modalities to improve or maintain ability to function effectively in necessary family, vocational and community roles. Services are provided to children, adolescents, adults, and elderly clients by staff appropriately trained to provide services to the specific age groups. Based on program needs these services could be provided at the outpatient or inpatient units. Outpatient services could be provided at counseling center locations including the IOP.
- Provides triage for outpatient clients to recommend appropriate treatment setting. Expedites referral to appropriate inpatient, rehabilitation, intensive outpatient or community agencies, or resources to provide/establish appropriate care.
- Initiates and maintains current clinical records to document service and client response or non-compliance. Prepares reports of service for insurance and referral agencies for service approval. Develops written treatment plan to identify treatment goals.
- Coordinates/recommends referrals to treatment Team for psychiatric and psychological assessment to ensure necessary service components.
- Provides on call contact with clients as assigned to assess urgency of client need and recommend appropriate management. Provides on call coverage to caseload and for staff coverage to assess need as contacted.
- Provides input for development of Counseling Center programs, policies, and procedures to ensure currency and appropriateness of same.
- Acts as inter and intra system liaison and resource person to provide continuity of care and educational assistance as required. Participates in planning/marketing strategy to ensure referral sources.
- Participates in peer utilization and/or review and assists in coordination of related quality assurance efforts to improve provision of service. Updates clinical expertise to ensure treatment skills are current.
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology, or related field.
- 3 to 5 years of prior job-related work experience
- PA State LCSW, LPC, or Psychologist licensure
- CPR Certification
- Ph.D. in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology, or related field.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org