Job Description :
This job supports the growth of the Organization’s sales goals through the development of customer-focused, strategically-positioned sales messaging, proposal messaging and/or creative design materials/presentations. The incumbent coordinates and communicates effectively with all levels of the organization and senior management for the collection, analysis and documentation of information and creative concepts related to client communications (executive summaries, presentations, placemats, etc.) by consulting with Sales, performing strategic research, market analysis, and creative resources for key industry stakeholders (external clients, consultants, Partner Plans). Assists in the oversight of the Sales Messaging Analyst role for appropriate solutions. This is a consultative position embedded in the sales organization that offers sales support to include marketing, graphic design and unique and customized solutions. The incumbent coordinates highly complex projects.
- Project coordinator for high exposure, critical impact projects related to sales activity. Prioritize multiple projects simultaneously with oversight from the Sr. and Lead Sales Messaging Analysts and provide guidance for the creation, development and delivery of value proposition sales materials (including RFPs, executive summaries, presentations, placements etc.) Collaborate with all levels of the organization to acquire necessary documentation used in completing RFP’s, creating materials and presentations used at potential / current client meetings. Significant expertise needed to complete complex assignments as assignments are broad in nature and require ingenuity and originality.
- Communicate effectively, verbally and written, with all levels of the organization (and/or Consultants, Blue Plans) to resolve problems, prioritize, multi-task and build and maintain strong relationships internally and externally.
- Create and tailor product information and positioning to customize various sales strategies (via written and visual communication materials) with targeted, strategic solutions according to project timeliness. Provide centralized quality review of messaging and visual information library to ensure accuracy, consistency, appropriate position and competitive differentiation.
- Create, develop, write, and manage information / graphical resources and automation tools to be used for sales staff to respond to customer needs in a customized solution-sales driven market. Interpret and understand the needs of the customer in order to create a compelling, well-articulated value proposition that aligns the Organization’s products / services with the customers’ healthcare strategy.
- Apply knowledge of graphic standards, brand requirements to materials, as appropriate, adhering to company policies and procedures.
- Advanced knowledge of all lines of business, products and services in order to develop clear and concise messaging. Solid knowledge of the Organization’s distribution channels.
- Identify and make decisions that refine and improves known practices or develops new approaches.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Writing, Marketing, Journalism or related field
- 6 years of relevant sales messaging and/or Request for Proposal management experience in lieu of Bachelor’s degree
- 5 years of experience in business writing, proposal development, presentation development, communications, marketing, sales support/solution selling, or persuasive writing
- 5 years of Project Management experience
- 2 years of experience in healthcare industry
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to be consultative and demonstrate a new perspective
- Excellent writing, proofreading, editing skills; ability to gather information from multiple sources into coherent content
- Good presentation skills; Ability to anticipate and analyze business needs
- Ability to identify and write for multiple audiences.
- Knowledge of healthcare landscape, including delivery and financing
- Highly organized and experienced to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work in deadline-driven environment
Language Requirement (Other than English)
0% – 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Does Not Apply
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Does Not Apply
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Does Not Apply
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This position adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org