Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Receives, cleans, distributes and stores medical instruments and equipment.
- Cleans, disinfects, decontaminates, and sterilizes medical instruments and equipment using appropriate methods, substances and equipment. (30%)
- Receives, stocks, packages, and distributes medical instruments and equipment. (30%)
- Performs and documents required quality assurance testing and inspection on stock. Inventories and reorders supplies. (30%)
- Properly disposes of biohazardous substances, chemicals, medical waste, and unusable equipment and supplies. (10%)
- High school diploma or GED; or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CRCST eligible or willing to pursue a CRCST certificate after one year of experience.
- 0-1-year sterile processing or hospital setting experience.
- Enrollment in a surgical tech / sterile processing program.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org