United Concordia Companies Inc
Job Description :
I. GENERAL OVERVIEW:
Under general supervision, responsible for enrollment and billing activities for the membership, enrollment & billing department. Performing membership and billing activities for clients and/or members. Duties include verifying enrollment status, making changes to records, addressing enrollment questions or concerns, resolving membership and billing issues, and accessing/updating enrollment and billing databases.
II. ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Communicate effectively with internal and external contacts to promptly resolve discrepancies in membership and billing information and to promptly provide accurate responses to written, telephone and online inquiries
2. Process and maintain membership data. Manage multiple production oriented tasks and responsibilities.
3. Perform various billing, accounts receivable, and reconciliation activities.
4. Create and distribute membership/billing materials and communications to clients/members.
5. Ensures acceptable service levels, metrics, and/or other performance guarantees are met.
6. Conduct research to ensure issue resolution.
7. Other duties as assigned or requested.
* High school diploma/GED
* 3-5 years of related, progressive experience.
* Experience in reconciliations
* Experience using Microsoft Office Applications
* Experience in Billing/Enrollment and/or Customer Service
* Associates or Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field
* Prior finance related experience
* Prior healthcare industry experience
* Prior Enrollment and Billing experience *
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Strong financial aptitude
* Solid customer service/phone skills
* Attention to detail
* Organizational skills
* 10-key data entry with both quality and speed
* Basic accounting knowledge and ability to reconcile enrollment and/or payment information
* Proven ability to analyze and resolve problems
* Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service, including customer needs assessment and meeting standards.
* Ability to handle many tasks simultaneously and respond to customers and their issues promptly and professionally.
* Ability to take direction and to navigate through multiple systems simultaneously.
* Ability to maintain composure under stressful and fast-paced conditions.
IV. SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Does this role supervise/manage other employees?
V. WORK ENVIRONMENT
Is Travel Required?
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org