Job Description :
This job assists with the administration of the federal, state, and local political action committee program and to assist with the execution of a strategic plan to develop and expand the company’s Political Action Committee (PAC), which is known as the Highmark PAC. The incumbent will support all aspects of the management of the PAC, including developing and implementing an annual, internal solicitation campaign and recruiting of PAC donors from Highmark Health, Highmark Inc. and the diversified businesses where appropriate. In addition, the job will assist in the preparation and filing of quarterly state and federal lobbying disclosure reports as mandated by state and federal laws.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist with the growth the membership and employee contributions of the Highmark PAC. Eligible employees are to be drawn from Highmark Health, Highmark Inc., and diversified businesses where appropriate.
- Assist with the PAC communications strategy to increase the visibility of the PAC via multiple communication tools including contributions to the PAC newsletter, website content and all other PAC-related marketing materials. Manage a GOTV website and develop electoral and voter communications for employees during election years. Assist with Grassroots advocacy activity as needed.
- Coordinate vendor responsibility for reporting PAC receipts and disbursement, assist with the fiduciary responsibilities of the PAC monies (including the checking account), annual and other periodic financial statements, and monthly treasurer reports. In addition, the PAC Coordinator shall produce internal PAC reports and analyses as required. Maintain working knowledge of the Federal Election Commission and state campaign laws to ensure Highmark compliance. Assist with administration of the PAC to ensure sound financial management and compliance with applicable election laws. Assist with enterprise-wide compliance regarding political activity, campaign contributions, lobbying activity, and federal and state gift and hospitality regulations.
- Incumbent supports preparation of annual budgets for meetings, events, and overall spending to permit the operation of the PAC. Also supports the activities of the PAC Executive and Steering Committees including development of meeting agendas, minutes and related materials.
- Represent the Highmark PAC as required before all levels of employees and government and private concerns. Assist with the maintenance of relations with political committees, consultants, industry colleagues, and membership organizations to ensure Highmark’s political program has the most current and accurate information to make decisions and maintain best practices.
- Assist with the administration, preparation, and filing of the quarterly federal and state lobbying disclosure reports required of Highmark Health, Highmark Inc., and AHN.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Government, Political Science or Political Communication OR 6 years relevant and progressive experience in lieu of Bachelor’s degree
- 1 – 3 years Government Relations
- Financial Record Keeping
- General Computer Skills
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Oral & Written Communication Skills
- Public Policy
- Email Marketing
- Event Planning
Travel Requirement: 0% – 25%
Referral Bonus: Level 1
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org