Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Assists the Primary Investigators in the execution of research protocols involving animals and anatomical materials.
- Provides and documents post-surgical animal care including physical exams, diagnostic tests, health treatments and research protocol interventions. (50%)
- Assists with surgical research in large and small animals according to departmental policy and protocol requirements (20%)
- Under the direction of the Sr. Surgical Specialist, provides protocol assistance to physicians in the anatomical lab services, including but not limited to cleaning/disposing of specimens, preparation/coordination of the labs, assisting. (20%)
- Maintains and stocks inventory and equipment for the animal operating rooms and anatomical lab services. (15%)
- Provides lab animal research training and education for ASRI researchers (5%)
- Performs other facility tasks involving animals and anatomical materials as assigned
- Graduate of a formal veterinary training program.
- 2 years experience in multidisciplinary biomedical research laboratory or veterinary clinic.
- Large and small animal surgical/nursing experience.
- Should be familiar with sterile technique.
- Must be computer literate.
- Good working knowledge of anatomy and physiology are essential.
- Understand animal welfare policy and regulations.
- AALAS certification preferred.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org