Job Description :
This job is the principal lead on all matters related to and supporting the enterprise Data Ethics, Policy and Privacy Department. The incumbent will serve as the principal delegate on all necessary and appropriate matters. The incumbent will be responsible for strategic and accountable leadership over all of teams for which they have oversight, and embody excellence and adherence to the enterprise Core Behaviors in all that they do. The incumbent is responsible for providing policy, regulatory, legal, ethical and practical issue spotting, guidance and solutioning recommendations to leadership, operational departments and diversified businesses throughout the organization. Will represent the enterprise through relevant external professional networks and associations related to privacy, information management, and data ethics, as directed by leadership.
- Perform management responsibilities to include, but are not limited to: involved in hiring and termination decisions, coaching and development, rewards and recognition, performance management and staff productivity. Plan, organize, staff, direct and control the day-to-day operations of the department as assigned/requested by the Chief Data Ethics and Privacy Officer; develop and implement policies and programs as necessary; may have budgetary responsibility and authority.
- Responsible for development/drafting, review, revision and implementation/operationalization of necessary and appropriate policies and procedures.
- Provide timely, accurate and collaborative response to business partners and enterprise stakeholders related to internal and external requests, inquiries and incidents involving confidentiality, data sharing, data ethics, regulatory compliance, privacy and security. Must be responsive and able to provide practical solutions to complex problems in a professional and collaborative manner.
- Serve as an active and engaged member of the enterprise data governance program and its appropriate committees; advancing dialogue and decision-making techniques in support of the matters that come beofore the various data governance and CSI committees. This role is also expected to demonstrate advanced data strategy acumen and provide innovative perspectives concerning the use of enterprise and stakeholder data. This includes collaboration and alignment with related teams such as Enterprise Data Analytics, and Information Security.
- Develop and administer, as necessary and appropriated, formal and informal corporate training and education on all matters relating to privacy, security, data ethics and data governance to ensure compliance with policies, procedures and other standards. Sucn training may be conducted through live, interactive sessions throughout a variety of areas throughout the enterprise.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Master’s Degree or Doctorate in Ethics
- Minimum of 10 years as a Licensed and Practicing Attorney
- 7 years of proficiency in matters relating to domestic and international information privacy law and practice
- 5 years in Management
- 5 years of fluency in Healthcare Law
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
- Proven and demonstrable skills in management, inspiring and leading a team of people. Comfortable dealing with conflict resolution, complex staffing matters and professional team development.
- Confidence speaking to executive leadership, members of boards/governance committees
- Business acumen. Finding collaborative, practical solutions to complex matters.
- Proven ability to work and lead initiatives in a group setting; specifically to strategize and exercise innovative thinking and ideation.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills; comfort in presenting to large groups; skilled in writing for a variety of audiences
- Computer science, digital technology and security infrastructure competency
- Demonstrate mastery of state and federal privacy law
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org