Job Description :
This job is responsible for the overall management and technical oversight of an actuarial staff (fellows, associates, actuarial candidates, and/or support personnel) where activities are concerned with pricing and rate development; overseeing assigned actuarial staff and projects and developing and implementing sound actuarial policies and practices to help United Concordia Dental meet its financial objectives; providing technical support for other areas such as Product Management & Development, Underwriting & Rating, and Sales.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage all levels of Actuarial staff.
- Oversee the preparation of rate filings for large group, small group, direct pay, or senior products.
- Work with Underwriting and Rating, Sales and Product Management and Development to develop and implement appropriate rating strategies for group, direct pay or senior lines of business. Ensure that all strategies are in compliance with rate filings and applicable regulations.
- Provide advanced support for the claim reserve process.
- Provide assistance and risk management to the Product Management and Development area for pricing development of new products. Ensure that all new products are financially viable and stable.
- Determine underlying factors impacting pure premium trends for various products and regions. Monitor trends for use in rating. Identify any shifts in trend and take appropriate pricing actions.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 10 or more years of experience in the actuarial or related field to include 5 or more years of management experience and/or experience leading teams and/or projects of varying size and complexity
- Attainment of the ASA (Associate) designation in the Society of Actuaries
- Must be committed to pursuing actuarial exams and obtaining Fellowship in the Society of Actuaries
- Member of the American Academy of Actuaries (MAAA)
- Bachelor’s degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, or Statistics.
- 13 or more years of actuarial experience
- FSA experience
- Previous health or dental actuarial experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to apply extensive knowledge of actuarial methods and procedures
- Strong supervisory, communication, organization and project management skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of the following actuarial proficiencies: In-depth knowledge of one or more of the following: premium rate calculations, required reserves, plan design, trend analysis, rate table construction, actuarial research, or systems development.
Referral Bonus: Level 4
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice