Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Performs direct and indirect technical tasks for patients before, during, and after surgical interventions.
- Assists in setting up the surgical operating suite with appropriate instruments and supplies. (20%)
- Utilizes proper aseptic techniques and practices standard precautions. Follows policy for medication and specimen handling. (20%)
- Assists with preparing, positioning and draping patients and participates in the surgical pause to assure correct patient and surgical site. (20%)
- Understands, anticipates and adapts to surgeon preference and patient care variables, and contributes to updating surgeon preference materials. (20%)
- Performs sponge, needle, and instrument count. (10%)
- Cares for and utilizes resources to promote cost effective and efficient environment for patients. (10%)
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- One year certificate from a college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Graduate of Surgical Technologist program or completion of an LPN/RN program with training as a surgical technician or equivalent training.
- Current certification as a Surgical Technologist (CST).
- 1-3 years of Surgical Technician experience.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org