Gateway Health Plan
Job Description :
The Quality analyst is responsible for compiling and analyzing data relevant to the handling of all types of complex adjusted claims; conducting reviews of all organizational or functional activities related to fraud/abuse perpetrated by providers, subscribers, facilities, pharmacies, provider employees and/or employees of the company and ensuring Highmark compliance with all adjustment processes based on SOX remediation and Regulatory and legal guidelines. In addition, the Analyst will identify potential areas of processing vulnerability through procedure review and report trending/analysis; generate reports for analysis and/or sampling; review audit samples for accuracy and appropriateness; train operational staff on processes, act as the subject matter expert for all audit adjustment processes for work groups, recommend and implement process changes, and coaching quality review staff. As a result of the analysis and sampling activity, the position will develop reports detailing the findings and trending results on a monthly basis while also recommending any processing enhancements and/or internal control improvements.
1. Ensure the consistent, accurate, efficient, and appropriate processing of adjustments and/or duplicate claims through an audit sampling review process.
2. Develop management reports detailing the review process findings as well as trending/analysis reports
3. Monitor and train quality and operational staff
4. Identify any potential fraudulent activity relating to adjustment and/or duplicate claim processing and address any and all deficiencies to remain compliant and report non compliant areas
5. Other duties as assigned or requested.
Education, Licenses/Certifications, and Experience
- High School Diploma/GED
- 5-10 years of relevant, progressive experience in the area of specialization
- Experience in claims and/or inquiry processing or equivalent experience in quality
- Experience with Microsoft Office Products
- Medicare-specific experience – highly desired
- Appeals and grievances re: Part C and D – highly desired
- Quality review of determinations
- Ad hoc training experience is a plus
- CMS audit experience is a plus
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Detailed understanding of the various claims and inquiry processing arrangements, the related Member Touchpoint Measures (MTM) performance standards, and process improvement methodologies
- Working knowledge of various company related benefits, payment policies and procedures, medical terminology, profile mechanisms, and medical policy guidelines.
- Strong background in both verbal and written communication, interpersonal skills, and organizational, problem solving, analytical, interpretative, evaluative and creative skills and abilities.
- Proficiency with reporting and analytical software tools and a strong knowledge of systems utilized throughout the company Operations Division
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Does this role supervise/manage other employees?
Is Travel Required?
Employee Referral Level: 2
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org