Gateway Health Plan
Job Description :
This job manages all facets of the planning/forecasting cycles for the Health Plan organization. These facets include but are not limited to: reporting, financial analysis, variance analysis, bid process support, administrative cost allocations, product pricing, forecast model enhancement, and the period to period risk and opportunities process. The incumbent manages the completion of other ad-hoc financial planning activities and assist in the development and review of business cases for strategic initiatives. Train, coach and develop staff members.
- Perform management responsibilities to include, but are not limited to: involved in hiring and termination decisions, coaching and development, rewards and recognition, performance management and staff productivity. Plan, organize, staff, direct and control the day-to-day operations of the department; develop and implement policies and programs as necessary; may have budgetary responsibility and authority.
- Direct the completion of revenue, claim and administrative expense components of the forecast for the Highmark Health Plan and communicate results to Senior Management.
- Provide cost information support and prepare cost reports consistent with allocation methodologies to the business.
- Manage the completion of various ad-hoc financial analyses and communicate results to Sr leadership.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration/Management
- 5 – 7 years Finance
- 3 – 5 years Management
- Master’s Degree in Business
- Certified Management Accountant (CMA)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) – Non-Specific
- Business Consulting
- Analytical Skills
- Business Process Improvement
- Business Analysis
- Developing Relationships
- Financial Forecasting and Modeling
- Operational Planning
- Written & Oral Presentation Skills
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Referral Bonus: Level 1
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org