Job Description :
The Legal Assistant supports litigation attorneys and performs legal secretarial and general office duties as assigned and ensures timely and accurate completion of assignments to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of their manager in meeting operational objectives. including proficiency in basic court filings Responsibilities include typing, word processing, proofreading, proficiency in basic court filings, compiling and maintain data for claims management reports, handling phone calls, maintaining and organizing files, copying, reviewing and distributing mail, greeting visitors, ordering supplies, scheduling calendars, and making travel arrangements. In addition, this position organizes/expedites workflow and is responsible for providing secretarial support as required to support the communication or presentation needs of the principal when not delegated elsewhere and edits documents for grammar and punctuation.
1. Provides legal secretarial services to Director and assigned staff
2. Communicate effectively while Interacting and responding, both written and verbally, with internal and external entities on behalf of assigned management.
3. Performs typing, word processing transcribing and proofreading activities concerning correspondence, memoranda, schedules, reports, presentation materials and statistical information; maintains a communication flow by receiving and distributing correspondence via mail services or on-line communication networks; schedules reservations, meeting arrangements, conference rooms and audio/visual equipment as needed; receive visitors and telephone calls in a courteous and efficient manner, directs inquires to the appropriate staff based on an overall knowledge of departmental policies and procedures.
4. Maintains hard copy and on-line correspondence and administrative files.
5. Compiles various information and perform minor calculations as required for departmental reports
6. Maintains other administrative records, including collection of medical records for outside counsel.
7. Provides telephone coverage and screens telephone calls, letters, and/or visitors, answering routine questions
8. Organizes and prepares complex documents requiring the integration of multiple office technology and software applications
9. Other duties as assigned or requested.
Education, Licenses/Certifications, and Experience
- High school diploma or GED
- 4 or more years legal secretarial or legal administrative experience
- The incumbent must possess excellent typing, word processing and proofreading skills as well as a working knowledge of PC word processing, spreadsheet and graphic applications, including Microsoft Office and Outlook..
- 3 years prior experience as legal secretary in litigation area
- A paralegal or legal assistant degree
- Prior experience with electronic filing system with County Prothonotary
- The incumbent must also possess the utmost integrity in the discreet handling of confidential information.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Does this role supervise/manage other employees? No x
Is Travel Required?
This job requires the ability to work as a team member. Additionally, this job requires the willingness and ability to report to work on a regular and timely basis and may require irregular work hours, holidays and/or weekends.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org