Job Description :
Support leadership of Highmark Health Services with a range of strategy activities essential to Highmark’s membership and margin goals. Strategy Analysts provide analytical/strategic-thinking and leadership support that enables project teams to: 1) isolate business issues; 2) help design and execute analytics for studying business issues (market research, scenario planning, forecasting, market share, profitability, etc.); 3) develop technical content (competitive intelligence, market trend analysis); 4) support development of formal recommendations to senior levels of Highmark leadership; 5) help create document components (go-to-market or operational strategies, etc.) that inform critical strategic issues and decisions.
Employee Referral Payout: Level 1
Essential Job Functions:
1. Work with business/ market owners to identify key business issues, articulate problem, apply right analytical framework, develop solution and recommendations, represent findings to stakeholders and own the outcome
2. Under the guidance of Strategy Consultants and HHS Leadership, participate in / lead small to medium sized strategy projects/ work streams with the help of internal or external strategy consulting resources
3. Serve as subject matter expert (resource) to staff and stakeholders on membership, growth and operational strategy issues
4. Provide periodic informal work guidance/direction to other team members; Provide performance input and recommendations to management for development/ training plans. May have supervisory responsibilities on a project basis
5. Apply a broad knowledge of concepts and principles to develop analytical frameworks, approach and methodology best practices to analyze complex strategy issues, often applying ingenuity and originality to develop unique solutions
6. Other duties as assigned or requested.
- An undergraduate degree in business, economics, engineering or life sciences or other related degree
- 3-5 years of relevant, progressive experience in strategy / management consulting firms or internal strategy groups of healthcare and related companies
- A Master’s Degree in business, health or economics or other related degree
- Experience in Health Insurance operations and technology
- Executive presence
- Experience in operational improvement
- Mastery of PowerPoint and Microsoft
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Broad application of principles, theories, and concepts in strategic thinking, plus working knowledge of other related fields
- Strong PC application Skills (MS Office including PowerPoint and Excel)
- Knowledge of healthcare industry trends and challenges
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org