Hm Life Insurance Company
Job Description :
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
* A senior level professional sales representative, the incumbent is responsible for maintaining existing business, generating new business revenue, and growing a profitable book of business in the Group Insurance market.
* This position will work with management to develop strategies for complex and unusual sales opportunities, as well as on new techniques, products, services or policies to improve the overall profitability of the company, and provide guidance to lower levels.
* The incumbent will work through distribution channels of existing and new producers, joint venture partners including Blue Plans, and work with other partners in the promotion of a core product line: Employer Stop Loss, Life, Disability, and other lines as determined by management.
* This sales position will work primarily through producers, such as brokers and TPAs, particularly those that represent mid and large group employers. The sales territory will vary and will be defined by the Senior Vice President of Sales. The incumbent will create and achieve a regional sales plan that will effectively meet the needs of the corporation in that region.
* This person will manage relationships with producers who will generate group prospects and will manage the entire sales process that will lead to sold cases and generate new business revenue.
* For renewing groups, the incumbent will be responsible for retention and profitability. The incumbent will be required to build files, collect data, coordinate and manage information, build and enhance producer relationships, while promoting solutions to meet customer needs.
* The incumbent will be responsible for providing weekly, monthly, quarterly reports to Senior Management as needed.
* A high degree of awareness of competitive trends in the Group Insurance market is also required.
* Travel within a specified region will be required.
* This individual will manage both sales and support staff.
* Bachelor’s Degree in BA or High School Diploma or GED with six years experience in sales, marketing selling group products, such as Life/AD&D, STD, LTD, DBL, Stop Loss and Vision Insurance products, as well as understanding the concepts of risk, underwriting, actuarial, pricing, loss ratio, and regulations
* 5+ years experience in sales, marketing selling group products, such as Life/AD&D, STD, LTD, DBL, Stop Loss and Vision Insurance products, as well as understanding the concepts of risk, underwriting, actuarial, pricing, loss ratio, and regulations
* Accident and Health Sales License or obtained within 45 days of hire
* CLU or other industry recognized certifications such as HIAA, CEBS, CBP, etc. and/or extensive experience in group product sales.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1) Communicate effectively. This position displays effective communication skills while performing the following functions:
2) Must have the ability to develop and work with new and existing partners and producers within assigned territory and build relationships with them and their customers, identifying prospects, and promoting HLC’s products and strategies, generating new sales activity that will lead to new business revenue, and retaining profitable clients upon renewal. (20%)
3) Must be able to handle multiple tasks and be able to work with a variety of contacts and decision makers, follow up on calls, be available for meetings as needed to close cases, and manage a staff of sales and support employees and functions. (10%)
4) The position will require travel as deemed necessary to meet with prospects/clients to promote our services. The incumbent must be able to manage tasks by using technology to maximize efforts. (30%)
5) The incumbent will provide to Senior Management weekly, monthly, quarterly updates and reports on progress and activity being generated toward generating sales that will meet stated goals and objectives. (20%)
6) The incumbent will also be required to develop other cross selling skills that will enable the sales consultant to provide insurance solutions, complimenting other HLC product lines already in place. These cross selling skills will be used to open up other opportunities for our sales force, and promote other product lines as they become available. (20%)
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org