Job Description :
This job supports executive leadership of the Organization with a range of strategy activities essential to the Organization’s membership and margin goals. Provide analytical/strategic-thinking and leadership support that enables project teams to: 1) isolate business issues; 2) design and execute analytics for studying business issues (market research, scenario planning, forecasting, market share, profitability, etc.); 3) develop technical content (competitive intelligence, market trend analysis); 4) support development of formal recommendations to senior levels of Highmark leadership; 5) create documents (go-to-market or operational strategies, etc.) that inform critical strategic issues and decisions.
- Work with business/ market owners to identify key business issues, apply right analytical framework, develop solution and recommendations, represent findings to stakeholders and own the outcome.
- Manage major strategy projects with the help of internal or external strategy consulting resources.
- Serve as subject matter expert to Strategic Operations staff and stakeholders on membership, growth and operational strategy issues.
- Provide periodic informal work guidance/direction to junior team members; Provide performance input and recommendations to management for development/ training plans. May have supervisory responsibilities on a project basis.
- Develop analytical frameworks, approach and methodology best practices to analyze strategy issues.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Masters Degree in business, health or economics or other related degree.
- At least two (2) years of post-grad experience with strategy / management consulting firms (such as McKinsey, Boston Consulting Group, Booz & Company, Accenture (strategy Practice) or Deloitte (Strategy practice) ) or internal strategy groups of healthcare companies (such as Aetna, United Health Group, WellPoint, GE, )
- Six (6) years of related experience in Business or Healthcare
- Extensive knowledge of Health Insurance and/or Provider operations
- Experience in operational improvement
- Through knowledge of membership, rates, financial, economic and competitive data
- Broad application of principles, theories, and concepts in strategic thinking, plus working knowledge of other related fields
- Strong PC application Skills (MS Office including PowerPoint and Excel)
- Knowledge of healthcare industry trends and challenges
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Good communication and presentation skills
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Does this role supervise/manage other employees?
Is Travel Required?
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This position adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org