United Concordia Companies Inc
Job Description :
I. GENERAL PURPOSE:
Responsible for initiating the writing, development and coordination of professional, customer-focused, strategically positioned sales messaging proposals to support the growth of Highmark sales goals. Serves as a project manager for high-exposure, critical impact projects related to sales activity, and all tasks related to Requests for Proposals (RFP) and other client communications. Consults with sales and subject matter experts to write professional and effective RFP responses, executive summaries,(subject to stringent guidelines, and accuracy expectations). Includes understanding client needs, determining appropriate solutions, products, and strategies and ensure final product depicts Highmark’s value, differentiators.
II. ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. 1. Communicate effectively (verbal and written) with all levels of the organization to resolve problems, prioritize, multi-task and build and maintain strong relationships internally and externally
2. 2. Responsible for managing and coordinating complex projects or ad hoc initiatives that can influence the division’s financial profitability and/or its reputation or relationship with internal or external customers. Coordinate and implement special projects of various sizes, initiated by internal and external contacts.
3. 3. Prioritizes and manages multiple projects simultaneously and independently and provides expert guidance for the creation, development and delivery of value proposition sales collateral (including RFPs, executive summaries, presentations, etc.)
4. 4. Creates and tailors product information and positioning to customize various sales strategies with targeted, innovative solutions according to project timelines. Provides centralized quality review of messaging and visual information library to ensure accuracy, consistency, appropriate positioning and competitive differentiation.
5. 5. Business and technical subject matter expert to create, develop, write and manage information/graphical resources and automation tools to be used for sales staff to respond to customer needs in a customized solution-sales driven market. (Understands product, solution and company value messages and repurpose into sales-ready content.). Interpret and understand needs of customer to create a compelling, well-articulated value proposition that aligns Highmark’s products/services with the customers’ strategy.
8. 6. Other duties as assigned or requested.
* High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
* 2-5 years relevant, progressive experience in a business setting working in a proposal development unit, sales, marketing, communications or publishing
* 1-3 years of experience with health insurance products.
* 1-3 of experience with Windows and Microsoft Office suite of products.
* Bachelors’ degree in Marketing, Communications, English, Journalism or related field OR 4 years of product development or marketing experience.
* Proposal writing experience in the commercial field.
* Certification in or equivalent training in Academy for Healthcare Management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities :
* Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
* Excellent writing, proofreading, editing skills.
* Good presentation skills with both large and small groups.
* Understanding of health care issues as they pertain to cost, utilization, legislation, etc.
* Knowledge of healthcare delivery, medical management, provider reimbursement and network management.
* Understanding of national account delivery platforms.
* Previous RFP/RFI experience.
* Experience and skills with proposal automation software such as Qvidian
* Highly organized and experienced to manage multiple projects simultaneously
* Ability to work independently and work in team environments
* Must be able to work long hours as deemed necessary to meet deadlines
IV. SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Does this role supervise/manage other employees?
V. WORK ENVIRONMENT
Is Travel Required?
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org