Job Description :
The job coordinates the day-to-day functions of the AHN Hospital Security and Police Department. Maintain a safe and secure environment for patients, visitors and staff at AHN hospitals and clinics. The incumbent supervises contract security officers as well as other AHN Police Officers and enforces AHN policies and procedures while patrolling the facilities, grounds and other areas. Provides excellent customer service to patients, visitors and staff during all interactions.
- Perform management responsibilities including, but not limited to: involved in hiring and termination decisions, coaching and development, rewards and recognition, performance management and staff productivity. Plan, organize, staff, direct and control the day-to-day operations of the department; develop and implement policies and programs as necessary; may have budgetary responsibility and authority.
- Maintain records and coordinate hospital compliance with all mandated reporting.
- Supervisor all contract agency security officers and AHN Police Officers including scheduling and special assignment details.
- Responsible for the ongoing maintenance and implementation of Security Management Plans, programs and security/police policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Criminology
- 3 – 5 years in Security
- 1 – 3 years in Management
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- PA Act 235 Certification
- Act 34 Criminal Background Clearance Certificate
- Act 33 Child Abuse Clearance Certificate
- Act 73 FBI Fingerprinting Criminal Background Clearance Certificate
- Problem Solving & Decision Making
- Communication Skills
Language (Other than English)
0% – 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Does Not Apply
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org