Job Description :
Coordinates media relations and prepares external communications. Plans, prepares and relays information concerning the organization to the press and the wider community to gain understanding and acceptance for the organization. Develops and maintains lines of communication with media contacts and other external audience groups.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Manage projects and provide consultation on a variety of media and communication initiatives, including media inquiries and interviews, press conferences and other communications activities. Develop communications plans and approaches, news releases, fact sheets, background papers, message points and a variety of other communications materials.
2. Manage media inquiries, research and develop corporate positioning on key issues, provide background on the issues, develop, write and edit appropriate communications materials and messages for a variety of audiences including the media, member services, sales, government affairs and other Highmark business units under strict deadlines.
3. Work with key business units across the corporation to ensure that consistent messages are being developed and communicated about issues impacting the corporation.
4. Work with key business units across the corporation to ensure that consistent messages are being developed and communicated about issues impacting the corporation.
5. Develop proactive media relations opportunities to position Highmark as a leader in the health care insurance industry.
6. Serve as Highmark spokesperson with the news media and other external audiences on key health care issues affecting Highmark.
7. On an ongoing basis, meet with key business units to identify issues and opportunities to position Highmark in the media and with key stakeholders.
8. Other duties as assigned or requested.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 3-5 years of relevant, progressive experience in the area of specialization. Grandfathered experience requirements effective August 2016.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Communications, Journalism or related field.
Referral Bonus: Level 1
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org