Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Provides distributive pharmacy services, assistance and support for the registered pharmacist.
- Processes medication orders including computer order entry, medication preparation and assembles all items prior to pharmacist final check. (25%)
- Maintains pharmacy inventory and supplies according to established policies and procedures, including inspection of assigned areas and use of pharmacy computer systems. (25%)
- Provides customer service by taking patient’s prescriptions and documenting all required information, handles all customer interactions in a courteous and efficient manner, and releases medications required by policy/procedure. (25%)
- For Outpatient Techs: Validates Medicaid, Medicare, or commercial insurance drug coverage and ensures adjudication is complete addressing any error messages, plus handles cash, prepares deposits and accounting reports.
- For Inpatient Techs: Compounds, stocks, repackages and batches from bulk medications. Prepares routine patient orders for IV pharmaceuticals including compounding, preparation and labeling of any IV admixture including antibiotics, solutions, irrigations, narcotics, parenteral nutrition and chemotherapy (25%)
- Pharmacy Technician Certification (CPhT) preferred and required within 6 months of hire. Legacy technicians must obtain certification within 12 months of policy effective date.
- Completion of a pharmacy technician training program or 1 year equivalent experience in lieu of formal training program required.
- 1-3 years’ pharmacy experience in respective area.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org