Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Under the direct supervision of the nurse, provides for the care, safety, comfort and privacy of patients based on their individual needs. May perform duties in a variety of settings including the patient’s place of residence.
- Provides, obtains or performs and documents direct patient care and activities such as: activities of daily living, skin survey, vital signs, ambulation, specimen collection, intake and output, meal consumption, height and weight, blood glucose testing/monitoring, point of care testing, bladder scanning, transporting of patients and their charts, documentation of O2, assistance with exams, treatments and procedures. May also complete 12 lead EKG testing. This work may involve providing services at the patient’s place of residence. (30%)
- Participates in quality and patient satisfaction initiatives which may include hourly rounding promoting safety such as fall prevention, hand washing, isolation protocol and maintaining and orderly environment. (30%)
- Reports changes in patient’s physical, mental and emotional conditions, as well as any issues or concerns identified to nursing staff. (20%)
- Participates in unit activities such as supply stocking, patient transport, and equipment/appliance cleaning, checks and retrieval. (20%)
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Compliance Requirement: As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
- Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
- High school diploma or GED; or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CPR certification.
- For Home Health work, appropriate state licensure.
- CNA certification.
- Previous Nursing Assistant experience.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org