Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Scrubs and assists surgeon on surgical procedures involving all age groups; works under the direction of the professional registered nurse.
- Demonstrates competent technical skills and performs scrub functions related to the entra-operative phase. Understands, anticipates and adapts to surgeon preference and patient care variables and contributes to updating surgeon preference materials. (35%)
- Demonstrates knowledge of accepted procedures performed during the inter-operative phase utilizing proper aseptic techniques and practices standard precautions. Follows policy for medication and specimen handling. (35%)
- Assists with the preparation of the surgical suite. (15%)
- Contributes to division, hospital, and department goals. (10%)
- Performs sponge, needle and instrument count. (5%)
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- One year certificate from a college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Graduate of Surgical Technologist program or completion of an LPN/RN program with training as a surgical technician or equivalent training.
- 3-5 years’ experience.
- Certification from an accredited surgical technology training program.
Compliance Requirement: As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org