United Concordia Companies Inc
Job Description :
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
This position is responsible for leading a team of Sales Executives to drive new group sales. The incumbent is responsible for developing regional strategy to ensure meeting/exceeding sales and profitability goals for his/her assigned region. Additionally, the Director functions as a back-up to his or her Division Vice President, Sales.
Employee Referral Payout: Level 2
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Drive Sales within assigned region.
- Oversee and coach Sales Executives on the prospecting of new brokers and consultants.
- Provide the tools, resources, and support to help each Sales Executive to meet or exceed his or her sales and profitability goals.
- Assist Sales Executives to leverage opportunities for cross-selling.
- Establish sales strategy for assigned relationships in alignment with corporate strategies.
- Generate new ideas, create competitive advantages, and evaluate/select strategies to increase market penetration and profitability.
- Develop, maintain, and enhance relationships with brokers and consultants.
2. Develop and execute a Sales strategy:
- Develop region-wide sales priorities, objectives, and sales plans to meet/exceed team sales and profitability goals .
- Collaborate with the marketing department, to conduct market opportunity assessments to increase market penetration.
- Work with Sales Executives to document and maintain competitive information and market insights to assist in strategy discussions.
- Collaborate with Underwriting to develop sales solutions to address market challenges and leverage opportunities.
- Participate in the development of new products and the planning of corporate-wide sales strategy.
3. Manage Sales Executive Staff
- Recruit, train, and develop a high performing sales team.
- Interview and select candidates following recruitment guidelines.
- Complete annual employee performance appraisals and provide regular coaching and feedback to Sales Executives.
- Train/coach/mentor staff as necessary.
- Engage in developmental discussions with staff on regular basis.
- Provide on-the-job training and education to sales staff regarding product knowledge, employer and employee benefit needs, and industry trends.
4. Fulfill Management Administrative Duties:
- Participate in annual planning and budgeting activities.
- Perform detailed fact finding, document, coordinate and manage sales information .
- Provide reports to show progress and levels of activity toward attaining sales and profitability goals in assigned territory.
- Act as a Dental Insurance expert and consultant to the UCD staff and producers.
- Participate on teams and committees to develop and recommend strategies related to product development, pricing, marketing, etc.
- Document service, expense and related activity as appropriate.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Due to Department of Defense (DoD) contract requirements, the incumbent who fills this position must be a US citizen, and must also pass a background check
- 5 years of sales or account experience in insurance industry or employee benefits
- 3 years of prior management experience with in sales or account servicing
- 5 years of experience using MS Office personal computer based word processing, spreadsheet, and end user reporting software
- Appropriate Department of Insurance licensure for the assigned region is required or ability to obtain within 45 days of hire
- Ability to undertake regular travel throughout the assigned area (and other areas, throughout the United States, as necessary)
- A valid driver’s license
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree
- 9 years of prior sales experience in employee benefits industry with at least 3 years in large group market
- 6 years of prior management experience
- Demonstrated success with attaining team sales goals
- Strong customer orientation/focus
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong negotiation, influencing and presentation skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org