Job Description :
This job extracts derived data from analytic programs developed throughout Analytic Departments within the Organizations. This includes working with the author of the program to confirm code and definitions, creating metadata based upon the code developed, cleaning up and documenting sources used for creating derived data, documenting data definitions, and compiling efficient production worthy code for the creation and maintenance of data for all analytic enterprises.
Essential Job Functions:
- Using various tools, responsible for the deconstruction, documentation and hardening of code used to create derived analytic data within multiple analytic segments of the Organization.
- Document metadata and definitions (per established processes outlined by Data Governance) associated with derived data extracted from analytic code and reconstructed for production.
- Work with various analytic resources within the Organization to confirm reconstruction of extracted derived data, developing multiple definitions for the same measure where necessary.
- Leads functional efforts for assigned projects with limited supervision. This include the guidance and education of Intermediate and Associate contributors within this team. Meets individually with customers for specific projects, and will attend with Associate and Base for support.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Systems Analysis, Data Processing, Healthcare Informatics, or Management Information Systems
- 5 – 7 years of Data Analytics Experience
- 3 – 5 years of Healthcare Industry Experience
- Master’s in Management Information Systems
- 1 – 3 years of Data Warehousing Experience
- 1 – 3 years of Database Administration Experience
- Development experience with Teradata or Oracle
- Experience with SAS, SQL, R, or Python
- Experience with BI software packages such as Tableau, Cognos, & Power BI
- Understanding of big data Hadoop Ecosystem components
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Microsoft Office
Referral Bonus: Level 2
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org