United Concordia Companies Inc
Job Description :
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
This job is responsible for selling UCD dental insurance products in an assigned geographic area focusing on large and/or complex groups. The incumbent is responsible for meeting or exceeding sales and profitability goals.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 5-7 years of sales or account experience in insurance industry or employee benefits
- 3-5 years of experience using MS Office personal computer based word processing, spreadsheet, and end user reporting software
- Appropriate Department of Insurance licensure for the assigned region is required or ability to obtain within 45 days of hire
- Ability to undertake regular travel throughout the assigned area (and other areas, through the United States, as necessary)
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
- Bachelors or Masters degree
- 3-5 years of sales experience in dental insurance industry with a minimum of 2 of these years in large account sales Strong customer orientation/focus
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong large group negotiation, influencing and presentation skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Sell UCD products to potential customers:
- Analyze and evaluate Request for Proposals (RFPs), coordinating completion and presenting as necessary.
- Work with potential customers to effectively explore alternatives and positions to reach mutually beneficial sales agreements.
- Engage in consultative selling by identifying points of negotiation, collaborating to resolve differences, and building support for preferred alternatives.
- Leverage opportunities for cross-selling of non-dental insurance products.
- Meet or exceed sales and profitability goals.
- Utilize advanced knowledge and experience to provide greater value to the customer.
2. Strengthen and enhance relationships with Brokers, Consultants, and other distribution channels.
- Provide ongoing education relative to products, networks, benefits, etc.
- Establish the sales strategy for assigned area in alignment with corporate strategies.
- Generate new ideas, create competitive advantage, and evaluate and select strategies to increase market penetration.
3. Coordinate information and activity with UCD personnel.
- Collaborate with Underwriting to try different and innovative ways to address sales challenges and opportunities; developing sales solutions that appropriately consider available facts, constraints, competitive circumstances and probable consequences.
- Gather market insight and competitive information for use by UCD sales support, marketing, and product development personnel.
- Maintain electronic records through a Sales Force Automation or other Contact Relationship Management software.
4. Oversee account implementation.
- Seek and take appropriate actions on customer feedback; resolve difficult issues in a timely and professional manner; take responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty.
5. Document sales, expense, and related activity as appropriate.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org