Job Description :
This job architects solutions associated with analytic data for the organization and working closely with the engineering and business teams; assists with the design, build, and upkeep for these solutions. Adheres to and creates analytic data architecture standards and data models. The incumbent enables the execution of projects related to Big Data platforms as well as other analytic ecosystems. Provides guidance and education to other staff on best practices and performance optimizations.
- Work closely with data engineering/IT/dev teams to architect and engineer solutions that provide solutions around our analytic and big data platforms. This includes working with the appropriate teams, assisting with the design, collaborating with engineers building out the design, and providing upkeep for the solution.
- Create and maintain conceptual, logical and physical data models of data assets & resources
- Establish and enforce data standards, patterns and optimizations to enable teams to delivery high performance analytics. Collaborate with data science and analytic teams on future data needs, setting roadmap and expectations.
- Work with alternative analytic data systems to incorporate them into the operational data flow for the Analytics Teams. This may include products purchased by the organization that must be ingested or modeled/derived data maintained by analytic teams.
- Engage with large functional efforts across multiple projects with minimal guidance including to provide guidance and education to other senior and intermediate contributors within team. Manage relationships with customers of the function. Attend meetings with customers on a stand-alone basis or with team as needed.
- Ensure data flows and related information is being tracked, managed and documented. (Metadata and related) Document data models and the data ecosystem at large using tools of various means. Ensure stands are met for data engineering and delivery efforts.
- Keep current with Big Data technologies in order to recommend best approaches in order to perform current and future work. Adhere to all corporate standards, procedures, and guidelines; including audits.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Management Information Systems, Healthcare Informatics, or Software Engineering or 6 years relevant and progressive experience in lieu
5 years of varied experience in supporting enterprise data initiatives (analytics, data warehousing, data modeling, data engineering, or statistical analysis)
5 years of strong experience in designing and interacting with relational data stores of various types
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Management Information Systems, Healthcare Informatics, or Software Engineering
- 5 years of strong experience with the integration of Highmark Health operational systems and data repositories
- 5 years of strong experience in providing training and mentorship to others to help them learn and grow
- 3 years with Big Data platforms and related technologies (Hadoop, Cloud)
- Solid SQL experience
- Data architecture/Warehousing
- Oral and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Analytical skills
- Experience in training and mentoring others
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org