Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Location: Allegheny General Hospital
Department: Patient Placement
Status: Full Time
Shift: 80 hours every two weeks
Rotation with rotating weekends and holiday per policy
Get the best of both worlds clinically and operationally!
Patient Placement, Staffing and Triage
If you still want to have direct patient care but are looking for a change from the floor or would like to gain experience managing staffing from a hospital perspective and utilize clinical skills to prioritize patients for transfer into AGH, this could be a great opportunity
Directs and provides professional nursing care to patients through the process of assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation; coordinates the daily clinical and operational components of the unit.
- Oversees , monitors and collects data related to the facility and department’s quality and satisfaction measures.
- Serves as the clinical expert and role model for staff. Monitors and mentors staff performance and follows up appropriately with staff. May perform these duties in a supervisory capacity.
- Demonstrates effective leadership skills by effective communication and interpersonal skills. Enhance professional relationships and achieves desired outcomes.
- Utilizes the nursing process in providing and coordinating the plan of patient care for the age appropriate population.
- Assures appropriate staffing levels and staffing mix to optimize routine operations within the context of productivity requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required
Compliance Requirement: As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
- Current Pennsylvania RN license
- BSN Degree required or completion of Bachelor’s degree within allotted timeframe is required.
- Master’s degree in Nursing, Business, or related field is preferred.
- Certification in area of specialty required. Completion of specialty certification required within one year.
- Requires critical thinking skills and decisive judgment. Must be able to work in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment, and take appropriate actions. Ability to prioritize patient and department needs, and supervise unit operation and personnel. Ability to utilize resources for problem resolution
Follows Standard Precautions and/or other appropriate precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Certification in area of specialty. Completion of specialty certification required within one year
- Master’s degree in Nursing, Business or related field
- 3 years experience in clinical specialty
- Previous supervisory experience
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org